FY 20 Tentative Budget
Tentative Budget and Final Budget Timetable for the FY 20 School Year
The Business Office has finalized the tentative budget for FY 20 to allow the Board sufficient time to review and discuss the projections for the 2019/20 School Year. Since Illinois School Code requires that the tentative budget be placed on display so that the public may review the budget projections, approving the Tentative FY 20 Budget on Monday, August 19, 2019, for public display and review on Tuesday, August 20,
2019, properly establishes compliance with the rules and regulations for school district budgets. With this in mind, the following timetable for approving the Tentative FY 20 Budget will allow sufficient time for the appropriate adoption of the FY 20 Budget during the Board meeting on September 23, 2019:
A. Monday, August 19, 2019: Adopt Tentative Budget Resolution, and Approve Tentative FY 20 Budget for public display and review.
B. Tuesday, August 20, 2019: Place Tentative FY 20 Budget on public display for the required thirty (30) days; August 20, 2019 through September 23, 2019.
- Submit public notice for local publication on Thursday, August 22, 2019, that the tentative budget is available for review, and that a public hearing to approve the budget will be held on September 23, 2019.
- Review of the tentative budget will be during normal business hours in the school district office.
- Questions about the tentative budget will receive an appropriate response. Answers will be given promptly, when possible. If more time is needed to respond, district staff will make arrangements with the person asking the question.
- 4. The public will have until September 23, 2019 to request a review of the tentative budget. This will be a total of thirty-five (35) days (Illinois law requires a minimum of thirty (30) days).
C. During the display period, the tentative budget projections may change as new information is received from the State concerning revenues from reimbursements and grant programs. Any and all adjustments to the tentative budget will be properly documented and displayed for the public to view.
D. For Board members, the display period is valuable because it allows sufficient time to review the budget projections, ask questions, and discuss any issues before adopting a final budget. Please be reminded that there will be three (3) meetings between approval of the tentative budget and adoption of the final FY 20 Budge Those meetings are:
- September 4, 2019.... Business Services Committee meeting
- September 9, 2019.... Regular Board meeting
- September 23, 2019…Special Budget Hearing, and Regular Board Meeting – Adoption of the FY 20 Budget for the 2019/20 school year