• The Harlem School District was named “Ally of the Year” by the Illinois
Safe Schools Alliance.
• The Harlem School Board is the only school board in Illinois to
receive the IASB School Board Governance Award every year since the
inception in 2011.
• The District’s 5-year Technology Integration Plan will allow every
student access to either a Chromebook or tablet by 2022.
• The District developed a software program that provides student and
route information for bus drivers. Through the use of tablets on every
bus, this software program helps keep our students and drivers safe!
• The 2015 Field Turf Campaign raised over $700,000, through
community donations, for the installation of field turf in the Harlem
High School stadium.
• The Harlem Veteran Project’s “The Monster Within,” earned the 2017
Spotlight Feature Award at the Mosaic World Film Festival.
• The Harlem Girls Bowling team are three-time State Champions (2017,
2018, 2019) and back-to-back National Champions (2017,2018). The
Harlem Boys Bowling team were State Champions (2017) and National
runners up (2017).