Battle of the Books Basics
- All 4th, 5th, & 6th grade Ralston students are eligible to participate.
- Battle of the Books is completely voluntarily.
- Students can sign up in October 2018 during their library time with Mrs. Schmidt.
- If a student volunteers to participate he/she is committing to...
Þ Read at least 7 books on the list provided (it is not necessary to read all 20)
Þ Attend Battle Club meetings once a month, after school
Þ After school meetings will start November 2018 (Meeting dates: 11/15, 12/13, 1/17, 2/21, 3/21, 4/10 from 2:35-3:45pm)
Þ Participate in discussions
Þ Work with team members
- Battle Club students will form teams of 3-5
- Battle Club teams will compete against each other by answering questions about the books on the list
- The highest-scoring teams will compete in a final battle for the Ralston championship in the spring of 2019
- The Ralston championship team will battle the championship teams from other Harlem Elementary schools (May 8, 2019, 6:00pm at Machesney Elementary)
- The Battle of the Books titles are available in the Ralston Learning Center and the North Suburban Library
Join the fun, and read some great books!