On behalf of the Board of Education and Administration, welcome to the Harlem School District! The Mission of our District is to focus our resources and energy on helping our diverse learners realize they have unlimited potential. In order to do that, we work to create an equitable environment that is based on fulfilling the needs of each individual student. We do that through our academic programming at all levels Pre-K through Grade 12.
This programming focuses on our six Long-Range Plan Goals which were initially developed and approved by the School Board in 2009, updated in 2011 and now again updated in October of 2016. We engaged our school and greater community stakeholders in a visioning process in order to update and re-establish the following six goals:
- All students, through extensive curriculum opportunities and innovative technology, will be college and career ready.
- Equip students with 21st Century skills incorporating practical experiences that contribute to the success of their community.
- Create an environment that promotes the social, emotional and physical growth of all students and staff.
- The District will effectively and efficiently communicate with all stakeholders in a transparent and inclusive environment.
- Generate and maintain customs that foster a culture of Harlem Pride for past, present, and future generations.
- The District will assess and utilize a District-wide building and facility maintenance cycle.
I look forward to another great school year in Harlem as we strive to continually help our diverse learners realize they have unlimited potential!