Battle of the Books Basics
- All 4th, 5th, & 6th grade Ralston students are eligible to participate.
- Battle of the Books is completely voluntarily.
- If a student volunteers to participate he/she is committing to...
Þ Read at least 7 books on the list provided (it is not necessary to read all 20)
Þ Attend Battle Club meetings once a month, after school
Þ Participate in discussions
Þ Work with team members
- Battle Club students will form teams of 3-5
- Battle Club teams will compete against each other by answering questions about the books on the list
- The highest-scoring teams will compete in a final battle for the Ralston championship in the spring
- The Ralston championship team will battle the championship teams from other Harlem Elementary schools
- Battle of the Books titles are available in the Ralston Learning Center and the North Suburban Library
Join the fun, and read some great books!