The Harlem School District is very proud of the senior citizens who reside in our community. Your contributions and support, past and present, are appreciated. The Harlem Gold Card Club is designed to allow for your participation in school-sponsored events with no cost to you. The program is designed as follows:
- Senior citizens of the Harlem School District will receive membership cards upon completion of the application form and by submitting the application to a Harlem school official either by mail or in person.
- Gold Card Club Members must reside in the Harlem School District and present proof that they are 62 years of age or older. Grandparents of Harlem District students, who reside outside the school district, are also eligible to receive the Gold Card Club membership
- Club members will be admitted to Harlem School events to include music programs, plays, athletic events, award programs, etc.
- Club members cards cannot be honored at an event conducted in a school building when the school is not the sponsoring agency or in cases where the event is promoted solely for fundraising. One example would be the state sponsored (IHSA) sports playoff series.
- Club members are to present their Gold Card at the time of admission to the various school-sponsored events
- Gold Club cards will be issued to individuals and will be honored only for that individual. Eligible couples are urged to secure a membership card for each person.
- Membership in the Gold Card Club is not transferable and membership cards will be honored for the person to whom they are issued.
To become a member of the Gold Card Club, stop by the Harlem Administration Center at 8605 N. 2nd St. Office hours are 8:00-4:30.